Introducing the New Citroen C4 Picasso and C4 Grand Picasso
Since its launch in 2013, the second-generation Citroën C4 Picasso range has proved immensely successful, appealing to over 300,000 customers worldwide.
New C4 Picasso is a modern and innovative MPV designed with all of Citroën’s know-how and creativity. Its strong and expressive styling makes it distinctive, with dynamic lines and unique front and rear light signatures. The design combines a compact exterior with class-leading interior space. The cabin offers a light-filled ambience to enhance the feeling of quality and well-being.
That feeling is further underpinned by balanced on-road performance. The EMP2 platform offers a perfect blend of irreproachable road holding and classic Citroën comfort for all passengers. New C4 Picasso spearheads the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, which is at the forefront of each new vehicle design and aims to enhance the comfort of each and every current Citroën vehicle.
The second-generation Citroën C4 Picasso already offered technologies designed for well-being. Innovations such as Vision 360, park assist and adaptive cruise control always served to create a relaxed and easy drive.
The 2016 New Citroën C4 Picasso builds on these innovations with:
Boasting a new front end, new standard specification 3D-effect rear lights and new 17-inch alloy wheels, both versions have flowing and modern lines to deliver personality and dynamism. A two-tone roof is available on the C4 Picasso five-seat and there is a new Silver coloured roof bar option for Grand C4 Picasso, as well as three new body colours.
WELL-BEING FOR ALL
Space, modular design and superior on-road performance are further strengthened by;
- Four interior design styles and five upholstery choices, which allow the cabin to be adapted to individual lifestyles.
- A new 3D Citroën Connect Nav system, which is combined with an updated 7-inch touchscreen. This new system also enhances the functionality of the 12-inch HD screen on the upper part of the dashboard.
- The Hands-Free Tailgate, which allows the driver to open the boot with a simple movement of their foot at the rear of the vehicle.
- Technologies to simplify driving and improve safety, such as Speed Limit Sign Recognition and Recommendation, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop Function, Active Lane Departure Warning, Active Safety Brake, Driver Attention Alert and Active Blind Spot Monitoring.
- With the introduction of the PureTech 130 S&S EAT6 and the PureTech 110 S&S 6-speed manual, the broad range of Euro 6 PureTech and BlueHDi engines is extended, enhancing customer choice in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.
BODY DESIGN AND STYLING
New Citroën C4 Picasso boasts an immediately recognisable body shape, with a more unique and dynamic appearance in 2016.
New C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso now feature:
- A new, more dynamic front end, which is shared by both models for the first time. Conveying a sense of power and robustness, the new models keep the three-tiered light signature at the front, which is synonymous with Citroën’s contemporary design language. Based on the Grand C4 Picasso’s styling, the chevrons at the front extend to fully encircle the daytime running lights with chrome trim. The grille, which is separated into two parts by the body-coloured bumper, has been updated and now sports a glossy black registration plate mount and a second air intake.
- New 3D-effect rear lights, which are specified as standard. The top trim levels retain their current 3D LED signature.
- New rear chevrons, finished in gloss black with a chrome surround, which gives a more modern look to the cars at the rear.
- A black two-tone roof (C4 Picasso five-seat only), which is available as an option with the entire range of body colours. This option adds new personalisation possibilities to enhance the car’s styling and comes with gloss black wing mirrors.
- New silver roof bars (Grand C4 Picasso only) that perfectly complements the elegance of the body design.
- New Mamba 17-inch diamond-finish alloy wheels (on the C4 Picasso five-seat only) and new finishes on the current range of wheels across the C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso ranges.
A BENCHMARK FOR COMFORT
The New C4 Picasso range offers a combination of comfort and aglity, with an extensive range of onboard equipment.
- New Citroën C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso feature:
- Unrivalled suspension comfort, with a striking balance between driving pleasure and road holding.
- Cocoon-like acoustic and vibration comfort inside the cabin.
- Intelligent traction control, for improved traction on low-grip surfaces.
CITROËN ADVANCED COMFORT®
Intelligent driving aids
Since their launch, C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso have boasted useful everyday functionality such as keyless entry and start, hill-start assist, Xenon directional headlamps, automatic dipping headlights, tyre-pressure monitoring, the Vision 360 system, park assist and a reversing camera.
For an even safer and more relaxed drive, new intelligent driving aids make their debut on the 2016 New C4 Picasso:
- COFFEE BREAK ALERT:Standard on all New C4 Picasso models, this system alerts the driver when they should take a break via a sound alert and a ‘cup of coffee’ display on the dashboard.
- SPEED LIMIT SIGN RECOGNITION AND RECOMMENDATION: This system recognises speed limit signs and conveys the information to the driver via the instrument cluster. The speed limit in question can be recorded as a setting for the cruise control/speed limiter system.
- DRIVER ATTENTION ALERT: This system generates an alert when it detects involuntary lane movement with a ‘stay vigilant’ visual message display, together with a sound alert.
- ACTIVE LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM: This system helps to combat driver fatigue or a simple moment of inattention at the wheel at speeds of over 40mph. Using a camera located on the upper part of the windscreen to identify lane markings, the system corrects the course of the vehicle and alerts the driver if it detects the risk of an involuntary lane movement without the indicator being activated. If the driver wants to pursue their original course, they can block the correction by maintaining a firm hold on the steering wheel.
- ACTIVE BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYSTEM: This system displays a visual warning in the door mirrors if it detects a car in the driver’s blind spots. If the Lane Departure Warning System is activated, and the driver commits to turning regardless of the warning, a load is applied to the wheel to help avoid a collision.
- ACTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WITH STOP FUNCTION (on BlueHDi 150 S&S EAT6 only): Using a radar sensor, this system detects the car ahead and automatically maintains a safe distance that is pre-set by the driver. This operates until the vehicle comes to a halt by working the brakes and the accelerator. It allows speeds to be set from 18mph up to motorway speeds.
- ACTIVE SAFETY BRAKE: This is an emergency braking system that serves to avoid low-speed collisions. A camera in the upper part of the windscreen detects obstacles, such as vehicles driving slowly in the same direction or at a halt. It works from 3mph and the driver is warned wherever an impact situation is detected. If he or she fails to react, the system brakes automatically.
- COLLISION RISK ALERT: From speeds of 18mph, this system warns the driver that their car is at risk of colliding with the vehicle in front.